Nov 4, 2020
What better way to kickstart our newly branded podcast than having Seth Godin as our guest? I am thrilled to have Seth, an extraordinary guest who, by the way, validates our decision to rebrand the podcast, and talk about ideas from his new book, The Practice, as well as pick his mind when it comes to art, creativity, and leadership.
Seth is an entrepreneur, best-selling author, and speaker. In addition to launching one of the most popular blogs in the world, he has written 19 best-selling books, including The Dip, Linchpin, Purple Cow, Tribes, and What To Do When It's Your Turn (And It's Always Your Turn). His most recent book, This is Marketing, was an instant bestseller in countries around the world. His new book, The Practice, is based on the breakthrough Akimbo workshop pioneered by Seth will help you get unstuck and find the courage to make and share creative work.
Tune in as we dive deep into his new book and talk about leadership, creativity, and the imposter syndrome.
● A Peek into Seth’s new book, The Practice [1:50]
● The Difference Between Skill and Talent [5:15]
● Creativity as an Act of Leadership [6:20]
● Imposter Syndrome [7:30]
● Generosity vs. Selfishness Mentality[10:23]
● Leaders as Artists [13:15]
● Flow as a Symptom [18:30]
● How to Find Your Passion [20:25]
● Steps to Building a Practice [24:15]
AND MUCH MORE!
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
● If you are a future or aspiring business leader who wants to achieve the next level of success in your profession, get started by getting my FREE video short course: The Secret to Unleashing Your Top 1 Percent.
● Learn more about Seth and his works by visiting his website at sethgodin.com.
● Check out Seth’s 19 worldwide best-selling books here.
● Learn how to take massive action here.
● Connect with Seth:
● Mentioned Books:
o On Writing by Stephen King
o The Artist's Way Morning Pages Journal by Julia Cameron
“Art is not about painting. Art is the work we get to do as humans to make our culture better.”
“Everyone gets to make choices. One choice we make all day long is where to allocate our attention.”
“You could summarize Facebook’s entire marketing strategy as ‘someone’s talking behind your back, do you want to hear what they are saying?’”.
“We have a really hard time ignoring everyone else.”
“If it’s a skill that separates people who are achieving from those who aren’t, that’s really good news because it means you can learn it if you care enough.”
“Creativity is also a skill. Leadership is an act of creativity.”
“Management is telling people what to do because you have power over them.”
“The hustle culture is toxic. The alternative is to be generous.”
“If you wait to get inspired, you’re gonna be waiting a very long time.”
“The hardest part is deciding that you are gonna have a practice in your life.”
Ways to Subscribe to Redefining The Top One Percent: